So, lately I've been feeling like I can't control anything in my life. This is true for some things, but for working out and eating properly, I can totally control those! I just need to not forget and remind myself that I am in control all the time- I just need to choose a little better. I've been trying to figure out why I eat bad foods and I have come to a revelation: I'm BORED! I have nothing better to do, so I eat! Now, its not like I have nothing to do, I just choose to be lazy some days and those are the days where I eat whatever I want. So, in an attempt to gain a little more sanity, I am going to try and wean myself off of sugar. Now, I'm sure you all are thinking I'm crazy, which is fine because I once thought that too. BUT, I thought it was crazy to run a half marathon and I already did that. I guess I fall under the crazy category. Oh well.
Back to this no sugar thing: I've been reading a book called Sugar Shock which is all about why white sugar is bad for you and how to get it out of your life. I don't agree with everything the author discusses, but she makes some pretty valid points and gives great sugar weaning tips. A lot of it I knew already, but its giving me the motivation to eat healthy foods for nutritional value. AND, its helping me become more aware of what I am putting into my body. I'm also trying to not drink any soda or consume any foods that contain ingredients that I don't recognize (like preservatives and chemicals). I'm not going cold turkey-and I still plan on having treats every now and again, just with some self control. Just something I'm trying in attempt to feel healthier! Who's with me?
(Speaking of treats, I made some Pumpkin Cheesecake swirled Brownies the other day and the recipe can be on my food blog! Click HERE!)
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
1 week ago
3 comments:
Lauren! I am with you! I am soo tired of the side effects of sugar! I am so done with the whole "try this-try that" with sugar substitutes and all of that, so I am soo with you! So far, 3 weeks with one deviation to try a sugar substitute and that back fired! Onward and Upward! Boredom and fatigue and major triggers for me. Well, not so much anymore. Now, I want sugar, but don't have it! Frozen peaches and frozen grapes are yummy. Karen
YES YES! I'm with you too. The sugar crash is what kills me. I've never really been a soda drinker, so that's already done. It's the 3 pm bored/tired/pick-me-up that kills me!
Fruits become so much more sweet when you don't have sugar! Mmmmm! Hooray for healthy choices.
Your desserts are so delicious, I can see that creativity becomes an obstacle in a way! How to keep creating, and yet stay off it; that is the question...
BTW, you look fabulous, so it doesn't seem to be doing to badly for you...
Post a Comment