Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary Lauren!!

The past few days I've been looking at pictures of Lauren and I, and of course Brooke too; and I've been remembering our first two years together:

We had only been married for a few days when we returned to our new apartment and married life began. Every morning I would go to my favorite job (said with the most sarcasm you can possibly imagine) while leaving Lauren asleep, come home for lunch prepared by Lauren, go back to work, then come home to dinner, then go to some night classes and finally return home exhausted and ready for more food and sleep. Yes, things were simpler before having a child, something that was discovered the day she was born. Besides school and work, I could be found doing things around the house, like
putting the bed frame together,
which we could finally afford after about 6 months of marriage, and doing the laundry.
Lauren enjoyed pass times such as cooking, baking,
watching TV, waiting for her Work Visa, working, and of course taking rides in the laundry basket.
Soon enough, Brooke came along. She is totally awesome (As most of you know)! We have so many fun pictures of her. She can bring smiles to our faces no matter what time of the day or night it is, or how badly our day has been going previously. She also amazes me at how
happy...
sad...
tired...
and mad she can be. All of which, by the way, have been expressed in a matter of minutes from each other.
Right now Lauren and Brooke are asleep. Sometime later this morning Lauren will wake up and be surprised by this blog post (Mission accomplished). It is our anniversary today and I want her to know that I love her very much. She is extremely special and irreplaceable to me. I have seen her love expressed to me thousands of times and I appreciate every single one of those expressions. She is a wonderful, smiling, laughing, encouraging, and considerate wife and mother. Thank you Lauren.

Love, Gordon

5 comments:

Amy Diestler said...

Awwww, that is so sweet! Its true--you got yourself an awesome roommate--I would know! LoLo is amazing! :-)

Jolayne said...

Tear! Lauren, you've got quite a husband!

Happy Anniversary, you two!

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

haha i remember you(gordon) and your friend coming up to the ridge and hanging out (with pie of course) with lauren and you leaving and her being like "oh i have a crush on him!" haha too cute. Happy 2 years!

ps. we STILL don't have a bedframe... something we're still waitng to get

shuttle5 said...

OK, you got me all teary-eyed, Gordon...love the pictures; laundry baskets are fun--heehee. Nice anniversary present; it seems to be the only celebration at the moment, unless you call laundering baby throw-up items celebrating.

Mark and Tammy said...

Way cute Gordon-I am so glad we have been able to have you guys around we love all 3 of you