I made a last minute purchase and got some photos taken of Brooke at Kiddie Kandids.
Introducing-- my daughter, the baby model:







I was very impressed with the employees at kiddie kandids. Even though some of these are off centre, They still look good to me.
We also went to Mimi's Cafe, a restaurant I've never been to. It was so good! For lunch, I had chicken gumbo and big salad which came with a huge muffin, a roll, and some fruit cake thing...all for $5.99! I was impressed. Too bad there isn't one around here.
On Monday, Amy made ribs and they were delicious! I never would have thought to put ribs in a crock pot. 10 hours later I was in 'fall off the bone' barbeque heaven. The other amy brought "homemade" potato rolls and coconut cream pie. I had great food over the weekend.
AND!! I also had homemade panini's! I told Amy she needs to go into business because thats how good they were. Ciabatta bread, cream cheese, turkey, tomato, and avocado! Holy crap, were they good!
Overall, a very fun trip! Driving back I was guessing how much weight I gained....to my surprise, I lost almost another pound. Don't really know how that happened......
When we got back Tuesday night, Gordon said 'I'm so glad you're home' about 6 times. He was lonely....poor guy. BUT, on the bright side, he is caught up with lots of his homework, so when he got back from class today, we just hung out! That never happens! We had fun today!
I found a bunch of recipe contests to enter, one of which is 'Cook with Paula Deen'! I figure I'm bound to win if I have butter and/or mayonnaise in the recipe, and, come on, if I fry it too?! Please.....I've got it in the bag. I know a way into an old southern woman's heart.
Would you guys eat a peanut butter brownie cheesecake? I'll be experimenting with this idea for the upcoming pillsbury bake off. I missed the 2009 cut off by a month, so this will be for 2010. Tomorrow, I'm going to send in my recipe for white chicken chili to a Better Homes and Garden recipe contest. I think I get $250 if they pick mine. Long shot, but it would be really cool to see my recipe in a magazine! And, I need to come up with a recipe using ground beef in an original way. How can ground beef be applicated in original ways, you ask?! I have no clue. I'll think about it and get back to you. Any ideas would be helpful! Maybe I'll put it in a panini....haha.
Amy convinced me to run a half marathon next April. I wasn't thinking clearly. I don't really want to train for it, but I know I'll be happy once I complete it. That would be cool. I have always had trouble running, but lately its been easier to do. I have a method that seems to work for me that I'll keep using until it doesn't work anymore. And, no shin splints yet either. My new asics are TOTALLY AWESOME. (thanks, Mitch, for the discount!)
Anyways, tomorrow I'll be going to the gym, the library and maybe the grocery store because I want yogurt. Anyone have ideas on heathy snacks I could munch on? Anything you have to say is appreciated! Thanks!
3 comments:
hahaha just wanted to tell you its an excersaucer - that thing that brooke loved so much in the tv... and about that brownie thing you were talking about, i would DEF> eat it. sounds delish!
Lo. I just love you! You are pretty much the most amazing mom on the planet! Perfect Baby Model... Amazing Recipes... AND a freakin Half Marathon?! Seriously... You rock my socks off! I MISS YOU!!! I can't wait to see your adorable little girl! Good luck with everything!!! LOVE!
Kent and I are running a half at the end of June. If we can do it, you can totally do it! Go for it! And way to go with your recipes, that is awesome...you should just have your own cooking show! Tell Gordon hi and give miss Brooke a squeeze!
Post a Comment