Saturday, May 9, 2009

What's been goin' on

David, Hyrum, Gordon and Brooke at Nathan's wedding









Probably my favorite family photo of us taken at the wedding









The happy couple! Nathan and Sarah tied the knot!









Tammy and her girls- Saige, Ambria and Rylan









All of the Brennan siblings. I guess its been a while since they all have been together.









Last weekend, we were able to fly back to Oregon for my brother-in-law's wedding. Nathan and Sarah were married in a gorgeous vineyard in The Dalles. It was a beautiful day until the wedding started--thats when the down pour started! I hear its supposed to be good luck if it rains on your wedding day...at least thats what people told me on my wedding day. We had a great time, but again, it was too short of a trip! We had too many people to see and too many things to do to rest. Boy were we tired when we got home. OH! And, our flight from Boise to Idaho Falls was delayed because something was wrong with the plane. We were supposed to arrive at 10:30 Sunday night, but ended up arriving at 2 am. After the drive back to Rexburg and 'getting settled', we got to bed at 3. And, to top it all off, they lost our luggage! That whole ordeal sucked. Luckily, I had a spare toothbrush that I picked up in some hotel somewhere. Brooke did great on all the flights and went to bed 15 minutes after we got home. What a crazy day! 

Brooke at the wedding! 









Our happy girl! She's a drooling master!









On the plane from Portland to Boise. Cute!









The next few days after that trip were kind of tiring for me, but luckily, Brooke is a good sleeper, so I was able to catch up on some zzz's. Gordon on the other hand is a different story. He has so much homework that he'll work on it all day at the library, come home, work some more, eat dinner, Hang out with us for 20 minutes, then go to his actual job, be there until 1 am, come home, work until 3, go to bed, and then wake up for class at 7. What a trooper! He did this twice this week. The other nights he stayed up until 2. He is such a hard worker! Even though it sort of sucks now, it'll be worth it in the future, especially once he graduates! I am definitely looking forward to that day. 

I've gotten back into the habit of planning meals for the week and going shopping only once. I forgot how much better it is to plan instead of flying by the seat of your pants, trying to come up with something healthy and good for dinner. Needless to say, we've been eating much better. AND, a big plastic container of baby spinach was on sale for $2.99! I've been eating that with a new pesto salad dressing. Its really good.  

Weight Loss News!!!!! I've lost 3 more pounds since my last blog about this. Its a smaller number than I had hoped, but only 2 more pounds to go until I've reached my goal. I wanted to reach it when Brooke was 3 months old (which was yesterday) but nope! My body had something else in mind. But, I've realized that I'm probably dehydrated cause the more water I drink, the thirstier I get. Maybe I've been parched this whole time, making my body hold on to anything liquid it could get. If you give your body the stuff it needs, then it gets rid of the crap (figuratively speaking....and I guess literally speaking too....haha) Today, Gordon watched Brooke while I went to the gym and man did I kill it! I outran the 3 girls running on the other treadmills. (Sometimes what keeps me going are the people around me--I don't want to look weak!) Its shallow, and trivial, but I don't care. I ran so hard that I felt it in my abs! Now, thats a good feeling. I'm excited to go back!

Mother's Day is tomorrow... we'll see what happens. 

3 comments:

Soon, Then said...

You guys are the cutest family ever. It seems you and Gordon do a fantastic job of supporting one another during this time when you're both working so hard! Good for you for losing the baby weight so quickly! Its not always easy, but it can be done!
It was lovely to see you, and I hear you may be coming to HR for a bit soon! It would be great to see you guys. Happy Mother's Day!

Mark and Tammy said...

You have to love those salad deals. I can't believe you have already lost all that weight-you should be exstatic that you only have 3 more to go and just a week short. Amazing. Running isn't all that easy either so to feel it in your abs you had to be running hard-were you doing crunches at the same time (multi tasker)? I am so glad you guys were able to come up for the wedding, Tell Gordon to keep up the good WORK because when it's over he will rejoice-as will you.

Mark and Tammy said...

PS-check out our blog of the picture of you guys at a somewhat different angle then the one you used-just click on it to make it bigger-I LOVE IT great Photo-I love the blog one too. How are you liking the hair now?