Friday, May 15, 2009

Boo to my car

My friend Amy is traveling from Chicago to Utah next weekend and I want to go see her (and the other Amy who lives there). These are my best friends that I met at BYU-Idaho. I lived with both of them freshman year in the dorms. The second year, we got smarter and lived together, but at a different, larger complex. We have been really good friends for almost 6 years! I'm talking bridesmaids at each other's weddings good, and come to see me and my new baby from chicago good. I want to go, but I swear the world is working against me.

Here's my dilemma- our stupid car has (yet again) something else stupid wrong with it and of course we don't have enough stupid money to fix it (but what college student has $500 just lying around?). I've sort of gotten over the whole 'our car will always suck' mentality, but when it comes to interfering with me wanting to live my life and travel a little, thats when things get ugly. And by ugly, I mean puzzled?! I don't know what to do. Surely SOMEONE is traveling to Utah over memorial day weekend who could give a crazy lady and her baby a ride, right? Checked the ride board, looked into the shuttle. I'm crossing my fingers for a possible ride with Amy's sister, but it looks bleak. 

I guess there's always hitchhiking. Thats semi-safe, right?

1 comment:

David said...

Totally safe. I mean, what could possibly go wrong with hitch hiking? Especially with a three month old? :)