So far, Brooke has been making slow and steady progress with the potty. But I want her to pick it up faster and I've been reading online at different programs you can buy. One even goes so far as to say "your toddler will be potty trained in 3 days flat!" Do you believe that? I'm not sure that I do.
So I want to hear all your opinions and the different programs you've used.
Brooke likes to sit on the potty and actually asks to sit on the potty but only occasionally pees.
I'm thinking I just need to get rid of the diapers cold turkey and stay on her for a few days and see how that goes. Thoughts?
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
1 week ago
9 comments:
i heard about a method where you let the baby go commando for 3 days (or something like that) but obviously they have to stay inside the house and you have to be with them every minute of the day... who knows!! im scared to do potty training!
(ps thats me jessie roberts.. accidently signed on tom's gmail!)
took Lucy about 2 weeks to FULLY be potty trained. We gave up diapers cold turkey, and accidents were teaching oppertunities hah! It was the hardest and most stressful two weeks of my life, but she finally got it! plus, we did a sticker chart, that worked well too!
get rid of the diapers! Prepare to clean up some messes!
The only thing that always worked for me was to just let them decide when they are ready. mine were usually a little closer to three, but they rarely ever had accidents. Worked for me, but I know how frustrating it is when you want them to go! :)
There's an Everything you need to know about Potty Training book, that I borrowed from the library. They talked about the 3 day plan and it's pretty hardcore. It is not a pediatrician recommended method (according to the book).
I have a friend that trained her kids in about a week by giving them lots of soda, so they had lots of opportunities to practice using the potty. The book also said not to expect night time dryness for awhile even after successful daytime potty training.
Good luck!
Have you tried bribery? Every time my kids went potty they'd get one skittle or m&m...something small buy yummy! I'd also make them try often (like every hour on the hour), but I kept their diapers on. As little pee cleaning as possible for me thanks! Good luck!!
I have a friend over here who has four children. All of them were potty trained by the age of 2...and she even has two boys. Do you wanna know what she did? She took them out of their diapers and put them in undies. If they had an accident she gave them a COLD bath! I don't know if I could do that, but they are all potty trained.
that last comment was by me (lindsay)
Post a Comment