Gordon caught the flu from some of his co-workers. Last weekend, while I was away on a girls trip, he gave the nasty little virus to Brooke. I got home and they both gave it to me. They healed all nicely, but I somehow got the super strong drug-resistant flu bug in me that I can't get rid of. These last few days have been so awful that I can't remember a time where I've been healthy.
I hate being sick.
Also, Gordon had a job lined up in Yakima, WA. He had 3 wonderful interviews and was the only candidate. He would have been able to use his Portuguese too. Well, turns out the manager didn't check to see if there was enough funding to simply replace a person and guess what? There wasn't enough funding! SO, no job. Is it just me, or do we have the worst luck?! No matter how many candidates there are for whatever job, he just can't get one. NOTHING is working out for us! NOTHING! It's starting to get a little ridiculous.
I think it's a conspiracy.
1 comment:
I feel you. David just applied for a job that the employers specifically asked our Bishop for a local person to fill. They strung him along all week, having him "on trial" for the job- they really liked the quality and efficiency of his work, but decided this morning that he needs official certification in several areas and he doesn't so they are bringing in someone from out of state. To top it all off they want him to continue doing grunt work for the next few weeks for only a fraction of what the full time gig pays. At least it's work, but it's not a job.
It'll get better- eventually- for both of us.
Post a Comment