This morning, John (brother in law), Tammy (sister in law) and I ran a 12k Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving. It was cold and the trail was icy and snowy, but I'm really glad I was able to participate! Another race under my belt! Wahoo!
Speaking of ice, as Tammy and I were turning around half way through the race, there was an older man who slipped on the ice and broke his ankle! Luckily, there was a nurse right behind him who saw him slip and lots of people who helped. We fortunately had our phones to call 911 and his wife. The poor guy was in so much pain and through it all he was like "This sucks! This was my first 12k!" He gets to spend his Thanksgiving day in the ER. Lots of people slipped, but he was the only one to need medical attention.
This is a great candid photo after we all finished when Tammy called up all 'ladies' accidently. I thought this photo was really funny.


2 comments:
You are seriously my hero! I wanna do a 12k now! I MISS YOUR FACE!
I love the first picture! You all look so cute :) Wahoo!
Post a Comment