Thursday, June 24, 2010

I love a good Thursday!

Even though Gordon is out of town on a 'business trip', Brooke and I are doing surprisingly better then we did when he went to Chicago. Although that was like 2 weeks and this is 3 days....

Anyways, thought I'd share our GREAT day:

1. Even though I stayed up late last night talking to my awesome brother, I woke up bright and early with Brooke at 6:30. I'm not able to run while Gordon is away, but I'm looking at is as a lot of rest before my (gasp!!) 18 miler.

2. Ate breakfast and Brooke ate really well! Usually most of her food ends up on the floor, so I was pleasantly surprised.

3. We watched the end of Madagascar and Brooke actually sat down and paid attention! Usually, she goes and finds toys or something else more interesting.

4. I gave Brooke a bath and she loved it!

5. I showered and Brooke didn't freak out! My showers used to be literally 2 minutes long because Brooke would start to scream and cry and pull the shower curtain back so water went everywhere. What a nice change!

6. We went to the library for story time. I love that the library offers crafts and snacks after the stories and the songs. Its so much fun for Brooke! She loves the musical instruments...I should get some for her!

7. We went to a sports store in town so I could price running belts, camel backs, shoes and more running clothes. I need more gear for summer!

8. I took Brooke out to lunch. We went to Quiznos and DID YOU KNOW that if you buy a meal then the kids meal is FREE? I think I realized that a while ago and forgot but then re-realized it today. So, my salad and Brooke's meal was only $5! Steal of a deal!

9. Brooke has been sleeping for 2+ hours so far for her nap....its kind of nice.

10. I experimented with some Oatmeal Cookies and added in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanuts. They are mighty tasty. Stay tuned for that recipe on golokitchen.com .

11. When Brooke wakes up, we're going to head over to my in-laws because they have air conditioning! And I was silly and used the oven to make cookies....what whas I thinking.

Overall a good day! Looking forward to Gordon coming home tomorrow!

No comments: