So, I've been doing a lot of thinking about why I run. I can think of a million reasons why NOT to. For instance, today, I ran in the pouring (and I mean pouring!) rain. I was sore, I got a few new blisters and I was away from my family for 3 hours. However, after my run and after I've stretched out and had my protein drink, I feel GREAT. I love working my body and seeing improvement in time and/or distance. I feel proud of myself for reaching small goals during the week to reach the ultimate goal of a race, whether it be a half marathon, marathon or 10k. I also LOVE being able to have one or two days a week where I don't feel guilty for eating anything I want. Running is one of the best forms of exercise and I'm so glad I stuck with it last April when I first started (even though I could barely run 10 minutes on a treadmill). Working towards small goals leads to great things. And having a healthy and fit body makes me a better, more confident person. Anyways, that was something that was just on my mind today that I thought I'd share!
No comments:
Post a Comment