Thursday, June 11, 2009

My big fat lazy butt

Lately, I've been shoveling in the food. I don't really know why....maybe its all the new recipes I'm trying, or because I'm so bored I don't know what else to do. 

Since reaching my goal, I lost about another 5 pounds, but gained 2 back probably due to eating more and working out less. By the way, I made a new pizza today and it was DIVINE. I even brought some to Shayna and the neighbors, and they even liked it! (And I wonder why I've gained 2 pounds....psh) I will share the calories and post the recipe another day. (A total splurge dinner, but WELL worth it)

I hereby recommit myself to you (17-ish) people that read my blog that I will eat less food and the food I do eat will be healthier. AND, I will go to the gym and run my big fat bootie off, literally. Plus, it feels like the half marathon is laughing in my face. Oh yeah. THAT. I'm only up to 4.5 miles. Kind of far off from 13.1..... As Emily Gatewood would say "just push yourself to do it".

BY THE WAY!! We're going to be in Canada in 20 days! I'M SO EXCITED! And, my parents have a treadmill that I'm going to diligently use every single day (Eat that fatty body). I haven't been home since the wedding reception over a year and a half ago. Stupid expensive plane tickets. Lucky for us, tax returns paid for our flights....ie-- we paid for our flights. Oh well. Its a long awaited vacation! From the sounds of it, we're going to have a blast! Family dinners, camping at Algonquin Park, Mont Cascades, Kata's wedding reception, the list goes on! Oh Canada. My home and native land....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow a half marathon!! thats a great goal! I've done 2, and its hard but worth it! Have fun in Canada it's soo nice to go home I agree!

Soon, Then said...

Its awesome you are still trying to lose a few pounds, but dang, girl, be nice to yourself! You've accomplished a lot in a short period of time. You're a new mom, and I assume you're still breastfeeding. If you are hungry, its probably because your baby girl is growing too!
Just wanted to give you a gentle slap on the wrist and ell you to cut out the "fatty" self-talk. It doesn't make the pounds come off!
:)

shuttle5 said...

Oh, wow, that means Gordon will be done with this term in 20 days! Anyway, I love your wording, as always.