We went to the doctor's office today for Brooke's 4 month check up and everything is great! In 2 months, she has gained 2 1/2 pounds and she grew 2.3 inches! She's still a little on the small side, but nothing to worry about because she is obviously growing. Her head grew an inch too, she she's getting smarter! She hasn't been sleeping her usual 8 hours through the night so I asked what could be wrong. The doctor said she's probably teething! I don't know how long this is going to last, but for my sake, I really hope its only a few more days! Getting up every 3 hours is killing me! BUT-- a few nights ago when this all first started, I was so dead tired that after I fed her, I put her back in her bed awake. After 3o minutes of talking to herself, she just fell asleep! So, for naps and bed time when I know she's tired, I wrap her up in a blanket and put her down in her bed. She hangs out for a few minutes and then goes to sleep! Its amazing! Now, if only she will sleep through the night....
We started Brooke on rice cereal today! It didn't go over very well, but after a few days, I'm sure she'll get the hang of it. Here are some pretty awesome photos from the whole ordeal. She makes some funny faces!
3 comments:
I hope for your sake the night wakings end soon too, but I can't help but tell you my experience... Addison woke up no less than every three hours for the first seven months of his life. I am not kidding. It was seriously torture and on top of it, I returned to my 32 hour a week job when he was 9 weeks old. Needless to say, I have hopes of more sleep with this next baby.
She's like, "Um, excuse me, Mommie... Why are you all the way over there when there is food in my mouth? I don't understand."
hilarious and adorable...LOVE IT!
Post a Comment