On Saturday, Gordon and I went to a baby birthing class! It was very informative (especially for Gordon). It also convinced me to try to have my baby au naturale. Epidurals have a lot of side effects and that makes me nervous, so hopefully, I can handle the pain. My mom did it, my sister did it, so I can too. My mom said its easy as long as I practice and prepare. We learned all about breathing and relaxation techniques. AND, my new favorite thing: counter pressure. My back has been hurting and when Gordon presses on my back it feels great. We also got a tour of the hospital which made me really excited to deliver. The maternity wing has been newly renovated and its so pretty and huge! The nurse giving the tour showed us the monitors that will be on my belly and asked for a volunteer to show everyone how they work. No one did at first, so I raised my hand. I lifted my shirt and sat on the bed in the room and the nurse was like "wow....no stretch marks!" and Gordon under his breath was like "thats right...:)". I guess he was proud. But yeah, the class made us very excited for the upcoming life changing events.
Since my belly is so huge, I have trouble keeping my shirts clean and Gordon finds this humerous. Yesterday, I counted 9 stains on my shirt...all from dinner. Spaghetti sauce and grape juice. Gordon took a picture. Enjoy.

I also attempted to make a homemade lemon merangue pie, however it didn't set. (Thanks a lot Alton Brown) I followed the recipe but it still didn't work. Oh well. We ate half of it.


We got our car seat and stroller in the mail last week after ordering it online! We love love love it! As you can see, we had a fun time putting them both together. It works great!


3 comments:
Woohoo! The stroller looks really nice and yes, I used to have lots of stains on my shirt too, mostly wet ones since whenever I did the dishes or got too close to the counter, my belly would rub against something (or knock something over!)
YAYYYYY! Strollers! Yayyyy birthing classes! Yayyyyyyyy shirt stains!
YAYYY for updates!
I love you.
The end.
WOW! i give you kudos if you do it natural!! i dont know if i can do it natural at all. Im have terrible tolerance for pain!!
i love the shirt stains..
ps. im jealous you dont have stretch marks. Tom said he was going to go buy cocoa butter so i wont get any haha. Whats your secret.
Post a Comment