About the gestational diabetes: all test results came back normal, so still no problems. Hooray. I was happy to hear that I didn't have diabetes, however I was feeling really grouchy and light headed the morning I had to fast. Each hour I returned to get blood drawn, the nurse would ask how I was feeling. I had the same response every time: "hungry, tired, dizzy, light headed". The nurse then said "yup, sounds about right". This exact conversation happened three times that morning, although the second time she said I could have a little water to 'hold me over' (like water holds anyone over....please, lady). I don't think Gordon liked me very much that morning because I was so grouchy. Luckily, for his sake, that didn't last long. At 11 am I had scrambled eggs, toast, and 2-6 pieces of pumpkin pie (Its unclear to me how much I had--I ate a lot of it....but am surprisingly not ashamed).
Today, I had this really weird feeling after dinner and realized it was a craving! I haven't really had any cravings until now. Lucky for Gordon it was chocolate! He was happy to oblige and bought me a big bag of peanut M&M's and caramel hershey kisses. So good! I ate so many I felt sick afterwards, but it was worth it.
Since this blog has sort of become all about me and the baby, I decided to post some photos of Gordon because he's an important part of our little family, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment