Tuesday, April 12, 2011

News

I haven't been a very good blogger! Things have been happening and I have neglected to tell you all!

So, the biggest news probably would be Gordon signing up to be in the Army Reserves. I was always opposed to this idea because although there are a lot of pros to him joining, it doesn't make up for the fact that he might not come home alive one day in the future. Well, after a lot of thinking, praying, fasting, etc. I suddenly felt very good about this decision. It was literally night and day. One night I was completely against it and literally the next night I was fine with the idea. Kind of weird, but I was glad to have gotten an answer to a prayer and I felt completely at peace with it. Gordon was really excited because he's been wanting to do something along these lines for a long time.

The funny thing is these last few months, we both have felt that nothing was working out for us. All the jobs Gordon was applying for just weren't ever working out. So after months of rejection, we thought "what other options do we have?" So, the reserves was one of the options. After we made our decision, he officially joined, we told everyone and all of a sudden things started working out. That tells me this was meant to be and was definitely the right decision for our family.

At this time, Gordon is working at the fruit company for another week and then he'll be done! We will have a week of him being together with us/tying up loose ends and then he'll leave for Basic Training on April 25th. It's a 12 week program, so he'll get home the end of July. Officer Candidate School will be 8 weeks of training starting in January. After that, he will have Military Intelligence training {which should be pretty long}. We don't have any dates yet. And, if it's longer than 18 weeks, we'll be able to go with him.

No comments: