Brooke has done remarkably well without her pacifier. All in all, it took her about 5 days to be completely over it. Her nap times were the hardest, screaming almost all the way through. So, hooray! The binky is successfully tucked away in the back of a drawer never to be missed again.
The only problem now is her naps have become significantly shorter. She used to sleep 2 hours or more with her pacifier and now without it, I'm lucky if she'll sleep 45 minutes. Any ideas as to why? Maybe she's getting older and doesn't need the sleep? Thoughts?
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
1 week ago
1 comment:
This happened when I took away Kaitlyns binki. I hated it... she would sleep 2-3 hours and then she stopped and would only sleep 30-45 min. It is really depressing... but through time, she got used to it and her naps became longer and longer and longer.
I am not sure if it is because she is older but I am guessing it is more because it would help her stay asleep. Give it some time is my suggestion.
Kaitlyn got to the point where she was sleeping 3 hours again. Just took a lot of patience with the 30 min naps.
you could let her cry herself back to sleep if you think she is really that much in need of more sleep during a nap. I did that a couple time. She would cry for about 15 min after sleeping 30 and sleep for maybe an hour. Up to you, good luck and I know it is hard, but that is awesome that she is doing so well!!!
Post a Comment