We started Brooke young on the pacifier and it was a miraculous thing. I know there are the die hard people who say "I would never give my child a pacifier". Well, I am not one of those people. As a matter of fact, I'm all for them and here is why:
1. It helped soothe her when we couldn't (namely, when she was in her car seat)
2. It would keep her quiet and occupied
3. It helped me wean her and get her to sleep completely through the night (amazing!!)
4. she liked to use it as a toy
We new the day would come when we'd have to take it away and that day came a few nights ago. I was a mean mommy and never gave one to her when we put her down for the night. She looked confused but went with it and fell asleep as usual without a peep. Not a sound! Piece of cake!
Nap time the next day however was awful! She screamed the WHOLE time. I went in 7 times or so to soothe her, but it didn't help. That night, she went to sleep completely fine, the punk.
The next nap time she cried only a little bit and actually slept a little. PROGRESS! She's getting there and really, I think we're almost at the light at the end of the tunnel. Yay!
Next up, getting a big girl bed and eventually potty training! YIKES. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment