Friday, October 8, 2010

You may call me muffin top

Guess what?! It's late at night with nothing on tv! And, I have no husband around to keep me company, so you lucky people get to have an inside look at my inner thoughts! 

(1) Gordon traveled to UT and ID to 'talk' with some people who maybe could open a few doors for him. While he was there, he got sick and to top it all off, our car died....twice. Technically, it's died many MANY times and we've revived it many MANY times....ie-$$$ and lots of it. Seriously, it's the only reason why we're in debt.....that and school. Darn it. I will be singing praises when we can once and for all get rid of our (excuse my french) damn car! In the mean time, I'm glad we figured out what the problem was and that he should (fingers crossed) be able to come home safely tomorrow. It'll get fixed on Monday. We keep VISA in business.

(2) I am for the most part happy with my weight. It fluctuates....usually up on the weekends, but lately it's been lingering (around my waist) a little longer, so I'm lowering my carbs and upping my cardio. My jeans used to be loose and now they are snug. I also washed them and they are a different pair in a size smaller than I usually buy (I'm trying to justify my cause!) thus creating an unappealing muffin top around my mid section. It looks awful. Thank goodness I can run. Speaking of running, I need to get a long run in tomorrow....by myself. Dang. I haven't done that in a while, so I hope I can keep my mind occupied for 9-11 miles. And, I hope it doesn't rain.

(3) I think if my abs were more visible, then I'd be much happier. Do I think thats going to happen? Not until I get this muffin top situation under control.

(4) This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and I married into an American family who doesn't mind celebrating two! So on Sunday we'll be feasting! I will experiment with a pecan pie cheesecake. I might throw a little pumpkin in there too. Haven't decided....and this isn't so good for the weight thing. I have practically no self control. I have a food blog for a reason, after all.

(5) Gordon comes home tomorrow! Meaning, I become a better mother and gain a little more sanity! Hip hip hooray! Not that I was all that smart to begin with, but whatever.

(6) Last Christmas, Gordon bought me sweatpants. It was probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten because I'm always cold and they are soooooo comfortable. They also don't pinch my pudge. 

(7) I have a wishlist started already for Christmas and my birthday. I'm hoping I'll be able to get 1 or 2 items off of it. Which reminds me: I have never prayed so hard for something I've wanted before than I am now--for my sweet and wonderful husband to get a job. I think there are a few others praying as well. Stupid economy. I hate you. Speaking of which, if you're feeling bored and generous, I'd appreciate if you went HERE and clicked on my ads to generate a few extra pennies! Please and thank you. (And by pennies, I mean pennies.) 


1 comment:

Mark and Tammy said...

I just love you Lauren. I read these and think of how wonderful and fun you are. Muffin top HA girlfriend we are all there with ya-I just wish yours showed as bad as mind does. I have noticed that my pounds aren't changing too but my roll is getting wider-hmm. I guess we will just keep doing what we have to, to keep somewhat on top of it.