Friday, October 8, 2010

Brooke at 20 months!

(1) Brooke has started jumping and can actually jump with two feet off the ground. It's especially cute when she does it on a bed or trampoline. She gets pretty good air.

(2) Brooke knows where the following are located: hair, head, belly, nose, teeth, tongue, toes, eyes, ears. My favorite thing is when I ask "where are your teeth?" she smiles big and says "cheeeeeeeee" like she's saying cheese for a photo.

(3) Just the other day, Brooke found a pin in the carpet. She came up to me and started poking my arm and said "pin! pin! pin!" Yes, Brooke, that's a pin! Haha! She also says: uh-oh, mama, dada, duck, milk (perfectly!), ooohhhh (like she's understanding what I'm saying), up, and there are more, I just can't think of any more at the moment. Another Brooke-ism is she knows a lot of words, she just chooses not to talk. I guess she is a lot like me after all!

(4) We went to the doctor yesterday and Brooke is 21 lbs. 11 oz.! Hot dog! They said she's gaining well, so hallelujah! I don't know why I'm always worried about her weight, but I am.

(5) She knows and sometimes does the actions to: the wheels on the bus, popcorn popping, the itsy bitsy spider, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

2 comments:

Kari Ann said...

i know why you worry about her weight. I am the same way. My kids are both scrawny. Abbigale is in the 4th percentile. She used to be in the 2nd. Ug. I wish she would put on some pounds though because I would really like to flip her car seat around. Sounds like Brook's awesome!!

Soon, Then said...

How funny. Drew says the same words Brooke does! Uh-oh, mama, dada, duck (actually "guck" which also means truck and milk) and a handful of others. Just wanted to chime in! :)