Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things are happening


So here's what has been on my mind lately:

1. I forgot my running shoes in Utah and I'm supposed to be running this week--I have a schedule to follow! They are being sent to me from our friends we were with in Bountiful where I forgot them. How dumb is that? I completely and totally FORGOT them. Maybe subconsciously I really don't want to run anymore. Who knows! I'm just anxious to get them. They can't get here quick enough.

2. Gordon is leaving for Chicago tomorrow on a business trip for a long time (a week and a half!). I'm going to miss him :( Sad day.

3. We're still on the hunt for an apartment. We've found one that we really like and I'll probably sign the lease while Gordon is gone, assuming we get the place. I hope we do! Its really nice.

4. I think Brooke has hit her terrible two's 10 months early. Is that even possible? Oh well. She's a very determined little girl and seriously too smart for me. I can't harness her genius. Its just wearing me out. I also made the mistake of feeding her M&M's. Since Gordon's Mom teaches piano, she has a lot of treats (like M&M's) in her piano room. Brooke used to sign 'more' and point to the candy dispenser of M&M's. I used to tell her 'no' and she'd throw a fit. NOW, she just uses the dispenser herself. Thats right....she learned how to use the candy dispenser....and she's only 14 months. Genius I tell you.

1 comment:

Gisela-David said...

First off I love the hair! She is so funny, I love how she is working so hard on those bananas. She eats like a champ. By the way, yeah Hyrum started doing the same thing before officially turning two. He was already throwing fits about stuff whenever I said no. Still does sometimes, but now we had the time out weapon and putting him in his room (I think he's getting the message--I hope) P.S. I wonder if all the grandkids have used that high chair. Seems like it.