Thursday, March 4, 2010

We haven't fallen off the face of the earth

So over the past couple of days, Gordon and I have been traveling....apart. He went to Portland to complete some testing to become an officer with the Portland Police Bureau. Since he was going to be gone for so long, I decided to visit one of my best friends, Amy, in Utah. Gordon left us last Friday and he took the computer too....hence no blog posts. But, we're all back safe and sound and I have internet access, so its time to catch up on what's been happening.

Brooke took her first few steps last week all on her own right into her cousins arms! It was pretty adorable. You can see the video of that here. I bought her a little stroller to practice walking without holding onto me, so this is her walking!

While we were in Utah, Brooke learned how to drink out of a straw and crawl up stairs! Gordon was really bummed he missed all these milestones while he was away. But, he got a really long 'vacation' from his responsibilities and I was jealous. I need to get away some time too! Plans are in the works.

I also did some shopping...mostly for Brooke. We are ready for summer! I found this cute bathing suit and matching sandals at a store called Crazy 8. They have really adorable clothing for affordable prices! I think she looks really grown up in these photos. She's getting older and smarter! Love that diaper sticking out!



Amy was kind enough to let me use her Costco membership so I could stock up on diapers, wipes and a few food storage items. Too bad the nearest Costco here is over an hour away! I love that store and all there great prices (and free samples!)

We ended up leaving a day early because Brooke was not sleeping very well at night which meant I wasn't sleeping very well at night. I think she was teething because another tooth broke through her gums while we were there. Maybe her 1-year molars are coming in too?! Who knows. [This reminds me--Brooke really hates whole milk. I've tried feeding it to her warm, cold, in a cup, sippy cup and bottle and she hardly drinks any. She is slowly starting to drink more and is getting used to it, but I don't want to wean her off of breast feeding if she isn't going to get enough nutrition. She will drink maybe 1/2 cup of milk a day when the recommendation is 2 cups. Any suggestions?! Maybe I'll try soy or rice milk?!]

Gordon flew home yesterday and we were excited to see him. Brooke was asleep by the time he got home so I had to keep Gordon from waking her up because he missed her so much....probably more than me!

Anyways, I am so happy that we are all together again because being apart isn't very fun. I love my family, especially that husband of mine. We are better together than apart.

2 comments:

Kari Ann said...

my kid wont drink it plain. We have to put carnation instant breakfast in it. Course he has always needed the extra calories anyway. :)

Amelia and Edmund said...

I have a friend who has a kid that is the same...she tried 2% and he drinks it up! She started mixing it with his formula and slowly worked it up to just the 2%. Good luck!