Friday, February 5, 2010

Great Day!

I had a really good day today, so I thought I would share the joy!

1) Brooke slept in an extra half an hour which meant I got to sleep in an extra half an hour! I actually woke up at 7:20 and listened for Brooke. When I heard nothing I told myself: "Go back to bed! This is amazing!" Hooray for good night rests.

2) Shayna and I were supposed to go running this morning but something came up. We get to go tomorrow and I'm excited! Its a lot easier to run outside with someone. Oh, and because we rescheduled, I got to shower and get ready for the day before 9 am! Awesome.

3) Brooke and I go to a play group 3 times a week (usually). Today we went and it was great! Brooke plays well with all the kids there and I got to talk to and get to know more people living in our complex! Also, it gives Brooke motivation to walk! Its going to happen soon! People were asking me about the food I make and they took down my food blog address! Yay for more people reading my food blog!

4) When Gordon got home from classes, Brooke was down for a nap, so we got to eat and hang out together for a little. Then, we were able to go out shopping for a good part of the afternoon. We picked up some birthday gifts for Brooke, dropped off some clothes at DI, found some great bargains there, and then went to Broulim's.

5) When we got home, Brooke went down for another nap, and Gordon and I got to spend even more time together! Unheard of in the middle of a semester! We decided to document this momentous occasion.
6) Gordon checked the mail today and got a letter from the Portland Police Department with his testing dates! So exciting! He might have to miss some classes, but it might be worth it if he gets a job that he LOVES.

7) Today while I was making dinner, Gordon was playing with Brooke. Here's what they did together (which was pretty entertaining listening to them from the kitchen! They are so cute together...and apart!):





8) For dinner, I experimented with spaghetti squash and used it in place of actual spaghetti noodles. They were REALLY good! Gordon and Brooke loved it too! Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo and Spaghetti Squash is a new favorite! Yum! I have half of the squash left still, so my mind is working on what to make with it next!

9) Once Brooke is down for the night (7:30ish) I'll have the whole evening to myself! This usually happens every night, but tonight, I have plans: I'm going to work out and do some scrapbooking!

HOORAY FOR GREAT DAYS! I love my life and my cute little family!

5 comments:

shuttle5 said...

Yes, I love your life and your family too! Too fun; you had me cracking up. Gotta go get grandpa to view it with me. Love the news, Lauren!

KYLE FAMILY said...

love days like those!! I just made spaghetti squash a couple nights ago too! how funny! that's so exciting Gordon got his test dates! good for him!

Gisela-David said...

Fun!! Love days like that. The video is so cute. I love watching Brooke move around and Gordon is entertaining too. I can't believe she'll be one on Monday!

Jolayne said...

I love watching your videos! They are so entertaining! It's 1am and I'm cracking up in my room! Gordon is so clever!

Danielle Selander said...

Lauren! Your family is so cute!