Monday, December 21, 2009

T-minus 5 days

Man, our time in Oregon has flown by! And, these next couple of days are going to be filled with family get togethers, a trip to the temple (finally!), packing, wrapping, working, and baking just to name a few!
When we first got here, we made a 'to do' list of things/goals we wanted to accomplish, and believe it or not, we did just about all of them!

1. We paid off our credit cards! YES!

2. Gordon finished 3 more online classes!

3. AND, Gordon even tested out of some Portuguese classes for even more credits, allowing him to graduate this April!! WOO HOO!

4. I got a job and helped pay off the visas and build up our savings....a little.

5. I ran my first half marathon! I still can't believe I did it, but I did!

6. We had lots and lots of fun! (Yes, that was on our list!)

We have loved our time here and are very grateful for the jobs which we have had as well as the generosity of the people here in Hood River, especially Gordon's parents who housed us and so generously watched Brooke!
When we were first deciding whether to come here or not, we felt ok about it. When we finally decided to come, things just fell into place! Our jobs, our finances...everything! We have felt that Heavenly Father has been watching out for us these past few months! We had a great time, but are looking forward to the last few months of college life!

Come the 26th, we are Rexburg bound! See you all soon!

2 comments:

shuttle5 said...

I am so glad you could spend the time here with us! We have enjoyed it all and are proud of you and your goals you have set. We will always treasure the time we had with you here. We'll be there for graduation and are anticipating your future plans that will unfold!

Jolayne said...

Woo Hoo!!! I'm stoked to have SOMEBODY in Rexburg! And that somebody being you guys is AWESOME! I can't wait to see you all and to meet Brookie! I should be there around the 3rd! I'm so excited!!!