Gordon and I have been talking about whether to run in the teton dam marathon this year. Just to clarify, we'd be doing the 5 or 10-k. I said I would do it last year but then I got pregnant and didn't have the energy to and thought it might not be good for the baby, especially since I hadn't been practicing. So, this year I was really gung-ho about it- until I looked at the charted course....2/3's of the race is uphill. I have shin splints from running of flat ground! Needless to say, I have no motivation and no desire to participate. (why would I pay $30 to go through torture? To get a free shirt? No thanks) I still think maybe I should try....we'll see.
As for my weight loss, yesterday, I pigged out at my sister's house and ate like 17 cookies. So, I am not going to weigh myself until at least Wednesday so I don't completely get depressed by the weight GAIN. Yikes. At least I have a good (medical) reason as to why I can't lose weight. The doctor said I needed to work double as hard as another 'normal' person would to get the same result. It sucks, but oh well. Thats just how things happen in life....or my life.
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
1 week ago
2 comments:
Just ask yourself why you want to do it. Would you feel the satisfation and the accomplishment because you did it and could tell people you did, or would you feel just as happy setting a goal with Gordon to run that far on your own and not spend the money, or do you just hate running and think its torture that you dont need to go through.
Lo! You should totally do it! How freaking awesome would it be to say that you popped out a baby a couple of months ago and then ran a freakin' 10k?! You would be The Man!!!
Post a Comment