So, I absolutely love being on maternity leave. I seem to be bored a lot, but it sure beats working and getting up early to drive to idaho falls. I have been able to get the baby's room ready, enter some recipes into a food network contest, and (I can't believe I'm going to say this) start a baby scrapbook. Today, I went to a breastfeeding class that was pretty informative, did some grocery shopping, and hung out with Shayna and her kiddies. Gordon left this morning at 6:45 to go on a mandatory camping trip for his Integrated Business Corps (a group of classes that all business majors are required to take). He is a very warm blooded man, so I doubt he will be cold, but when he was packing yesterday, I joked that he would freeze his tiny little hiney off. He'll be gone until Saturday. I'm a little lonely, but nothing that a few phone calls to friends can't fix.
Yesterday, I got my hair cut! It has been a while since the last cut, so my hair feels so good and healthy now! Its shorter than I wanted, but Gordon really seems to like my hair shorter. After a month, it'll be at a good length. I'll take pictures and post them later of my hair.
Tomorrow, I might go to the spa to get my manicure! Might as well pamper myself while my husband is gone, right?
Oh, AND! Gordon and I found out that we got subsidized housing! We don't know any exact dates, but sometime in March we'll be moving. I go tomorrow to sign some papers and I'm sure the manager will have a specific date for us then. Basically, God loves us. We have been worried about paying all the bills, especially after the baby is born, but this allows us to not go into debt! We are so grateful! We know we are taking a step down in a way by moving into these older apartments that aren't in the greatest shape, but, at this point, who cares what they look like? They're ultra cheap!
2 weeks and 3 days until my due date. I'm really excited. I want to know what my baby is going to look like! Being on maternity leave makes me antsy about the baby, but I just need to relax and just realize that the baby will come when she comes. Still makes me wonder though...
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
1 week ago
6 comments:
Lauren, I can't believe your almost due! time has flown, well for me anyway.... i know it hasn't for you. Maternity leave sounds awesome!! I don't know if i will be able to make it to your shower but i'm going to try.... oh and does this mean your place is up for grabs? haha i'm still interested. but I am guessing this means you will no longer be in our ward?? let me know on that one...
:(
Maternity leave is awsome!!!! I get the whole you really think about your baby alot more often. Totally
yay! you are so close!! you need to post pics of the baby's room and your hair! i wish we lived closer so we could be doing all this baby stuff together.. and help ease each others boredom!
I am glad you are still pampering yourself-it is a necessity. I am so happy that the baby is coming so soon, of course I am thrilled it's a little girl too. I can't wait to see her sometime. Rest those feet up and PLEASE EMBRACE THE BOREDOME because it wont take long before you dream about those days.
Hey, I want to see your haircut!
Hey, I seem to remember you opening a present a little over a year ago for your wedding and it was a couple of scrap-booking kits. I bet they have been coming in handy, eh?
I'm sure everything will go well this weekend. You are in our prayers and we look forward to hearing the good news that she has arrived! See you soon. Tchau.
Post a Comment