Now that I'm so far along, I'm going to the doctor's office every week for checks. This week, I was asking about how many women deliver before and after their due date. He said its evenly split 50-50. So then I asked how long I'd have to wait before they'd induce me and here's what he said: "well, if you have a favorable cervix and you've dilated to 2 or 3 centimeters, than we could induce you at 39 weeks. Its the same for 40 weeks. However, if you're sick of being pregnant after 40 weeks, then you can just pick a day and I'll meet you at the hospital to induce you". SO, now I'm thinking if she is going to be late, how long do I want to wait, AND if I do pick a day to get induced, maybe I'll just get an epidural right away so I feel no pain. How bad can that be? I don't know what to expect, so maybe that's why I'm a little freaked out about feeling contractions. However things do happen, I won't be afraid to ask for drugs. I feel calm about that decision, so happy day.
2 comments:
hey Lauren, i was induced. My water broke and i wasn't dialating for awhile after that so they decided to speed things up. It hurts more than going through natural, gradual labour because you're forced right into active labour....there's no brakes between contractions throughout your whole dialation time. It was rough. I know there are women that can go through it without an epidural. I didn't! I got an epidural about an hour after I was induced. I have no doubt in my mind you can take any of it on. I'm just saying your chances of wanting an epidural will increase if you are induced.
epidurals are a gift!!!! hehe
Post a Comment