This last week, we secretly traveled to Idaho and Utah to surprise my little sister! Chelsea is starting at BYU and we are thrilled for her! We told her we weren't going to be able to come up and visit, but that was sort of a big fat lie!
We left last Tuesday, stayed with some friends in La Grande, OR that night and then made it to Rexburg the next night. We quietly snuck into the laundry room at Shayna's place, texted her to let her know we were there and Shayna got her to walk in.
I was smart enough to remember to record the whole thing! Hehehe....I'm evil! But, it's for posterity's sake!
So, we played in Rexburg Wed, Thurs, and part of Friday. Then we drove to Utah to meet up with some family friends for one of Gordon's friends birthday parties. Thankfully we stayed with them the night and then met up with Chelsea, Shayna and her family to help get her situated in her new apartment Saturday morning. We seriously did such a good job, if I do say so myself. We took her grocery shopping, got her a bank account, picked out all her text books....and then took her to 7 peaks, like any good sisters would do! I had never been there before, but they have got some killer awesome water slides there!
Brooke was a little hesitant about the whole thing, but once she warmed up, she was going down the baby water slides all by herself! And, they were long for baby slides! 30 feet long, maybe?! Of course we'd catch her at the end! It was great! They also had a wave pool which Brooke liked before she got swept off her feet and got a mouth full of water.
And, surprise surprise, we were able to take Brooke on the BIG water slides! Gordon took her down on his lap while I went down another one. We met at the bottom and Brooke LOVED it! She wanted to do it again and again, but we had to go meet up with a family from Gordon's mission.
We dried off, dropped Chelsea off and then drove to Salt Lake to meet at Cafe Rio. I forget the family's name, but they were lovely and SO nice! No kidding Gordon loved them! And, it's always nice to get a little Cafe Rio in while visiting Utah.
That night, we went over to have some fun with our old neighbors, Rob and Erin...and their sweet little girl, Lyla. Brooke loves all the little friends she has. They had a blast Sunday morning playing together before we had to head for home. We always have fun with Rob & Erin and wish we could be neighbors forever! Seriously, they are the best!
After a long day of traveling, we made it home! We all were ready to sleep in our own beds. Thankfully, we made it home safely and in good time!
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
1 week ago
2 comments:
That was awesome Lauren-I laughed and was so amazed at how surprised at Chelsea's reaction-Really when you do a surprise that is the reaction that you want. Way to go
Oh my gosh! This made me so happy I cried. Love those! I'm glad you guys had such a great time!
Post a Comment