Saturday, September 11, 2010

Near Death Experience.....sort of....


On Saturday mornings, I go for longer runs on different routes than my usual 3-6 mile regular runs. Anyways, this morning sometime between the hours of 8 and 9, a bobcat almost bit my leg off! Seriously. I saw a bob cat as I was running down a road and as I got closer it started getting closer to me and then stopped and ducked in the grass--like he was getting ready to pounce and kill me. I quickly (and I mean quickly Tammy!!) turned around and ran towards the busier road I came from.

It was like experiencing heart failure and an anxiety attack and a coronary all at once---while running.

Thankfully, it didn't come chasing after me. When I got home, I researched bob cats and according to wikipedia, they don't usually harm humans, except when rabid. I felt a little foolish because I did get so scared, but then re-thinking the whole thing, I'm glad I didn't chance it and ran the other way. And come to think of it, it did look a little rabid-like. Just sayin'.

PS--Amy & Amy, I thought of you guys, Chicago, bats and rabies today! Miss you both lots!

3 comments:

Amy Diestler said...

OMG!!!! I'm so glad you're okay! Good for you to run the other way - I would have panicked!

I miss you too! :-(

Bongard Family said...

I totally thought of the whole bat thing the other day too! On friday I took my kids to the zoo and didn't realize I had walked into a room that had a bunch of bats. I almost peed my pants.
Happy you didn't get hurt!

shuttle5 said...

Whoa, yeah you don't want to take a chance. Never know if an animal has rabies! Smart to stay on the safe side; your instincts served you well!