Speaking of PERFECT, Gordon is practically perfect! He is so wonderful to me and leads this little family in love and righteousness. He works so hard so I don't have to and is such a good example to others, especially other co-workers. He loves to play with Brooke and as soon as he gets home, she runs to him and gives him a big hug! (Just like I used to do when I was little with my dad :) ) He watches Brooke on the weekend for hours so I can get my long run in. He sets goals for himself and reaches them! He is very strong in his convictions and knows what is right and wrong in situations. He is kind to others and does a good job at befriending people who might be considered different. Thank goodness he asked me to marry him! I've loved that boy since before he knew I existed (and it wasn't just because of his big muscles!) I Thank the Lord he noticed me and was nice enough to be my friend!
We know that something will work out as far as finding a job after his internship is concerned, but right now we're still in a little bit of a limbo. Just looking for jobs like crazy. BUT, today was his unofficial last day as an intern (as far as the school is concerned) and he just found out today that he got a score of 500/500 and a "FANTASTIC JOB" on his final report for his internship class! So, great job, Gordon! We are so proud of you! You are perfect to us today!! Yippee! Lets have a party!
Here's a talk I found that sort of talks about that I just mentioned, not the same one I remember, but very similar. You can go read that talk HERE.
From William H. Bennett "Our Goal is Perfection", Ensign Nov, 1976.
"The pursuit of excellence should be major work of our lives. Many people, however, give little attention to it. Perhaps they feel that it is not possible for anyone to reach perfection in this life, and so they let the immediate pressures dominate their actions. While it is true that we cannot attain perfection in a total sense in this life, it is also true that we can attain perfection in many specific areas of activity. Furthermore, if we fail to do what we can and should do in this life, we may deprive ourselves forever of the opportunity to do those things later on and thus lose great eternal blessings....
"With respect to spiritual matters, we can be perfect in this life in paying tithing; being honest in our dealings with others; having personal and family prayers; abstaining from the use of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs; holding family home evenings; and in reading the scriptures daily. We can if we really want to....
"No one is perfect, but everyone should be striving for perfection."
1 comment:
What a beautiful entry. I didn't know he already had already been "graded" on the internship! I am so proud of you guys and they way you support each other. I'm so glad my son is happy in his life/marriage. Now for the job.....He is so good, someone's got to notice and reward!
Post a Comment