Sunday, June 8, 2008

June happenings


The past few weeks in Rexburg, the weather has been cold and rainy! I don't mind it, but thats because I drive the car to and from work. Gordon, on the other hand, has to ride his bike to school and to work. When it is raining, I usually pick him up. On this particular day, Gordon was riding home as usual, when it started poaring. I was surprised how wet he was, but it brought a delightfully large amount of joy to my heart. This is what made me take a few pictures. Poor, wet, dripping Gordon!


I experimented with a new recipe this week! Its kind of interesting to not go grocery shopping for 2 weeks and see what you can come up with. This is a lettuce wrapped mini tuna croquette. I used 2 cans of well drained, water-packed


tuna, 1/4 cup red onion, 1 egg white, parsley, cayenne


pepper, salt, and black pepper. I formed patties, coated them with bread crumbs and fried them in olive oil and butter. I wrapped each croquette in lettuce, along with fresh tomato, and homemade tartar sauce. The tartar sauce is made, simply by mixing light mayonnaise with lemon juice, chopped pickle, dill, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper as well. Gordon said they were his favorite. He literally kept telling me for about 20 minutes how delicious he thought they were! I thought the recipe was alright, but I'm going to try a few modifications this week.

2 comments:

Mark and Tammy said...

I love how wet Gordon got-poor guy, luckily those men are willing to take the hit for us ladies to have the cars. Way to go Gordon. Also he is pretty darn lucky to have you and those yummy meals-I don't even know if I have ever experimented with anything-you are brave and amazing.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy Lo! I would never have thought of that :)